This is the analysis geared towards players starting out ToS or returning players looking for a solid leader. The leaders listed on Page One and Two generally requires continuous playing for more than 6 months to be effective.
Table of ContentsEdit
- Page 0: The "Summary"
- Page 1: Top pick analysis
- Page 2: Interesting Picks and Niche Leader Picks
- Page 3: Regular Draw Member Picks
- Page 4: For Starters, Returners
- Appendix A: Recent Black Diamond Event Analysis
- Appendix B: All Available Choices based on Race and Attribute
The guaranteed ListEdit
The following attribute + race will guarantee a card you want, even for beginners, since there are fewer than 5 available:
- Dark Human - 3. Notable Leader: Lu Bu.
- Fire Elf - 3. Notable Leader: Sakura.
- Earth Elf - 2. Notable Leader: (none)
- Light Elf - 3. Notable Leader: (none)
- Dark Elf - 5. Notable Leader: Rose.
- All Beasts - equal or less than 5 each. Notable Leaders: Aloha, Haza, (Dodo)
- All Dragons - equal or less than 5 each. Notable Leaders: Daoloth, Azathoth.
New Player analysisEdit
This applies to players starting a ToS journey - if you are one, the below three guarantees are the most helpful without a solid deck. Their purpose is to climb the Enochian tower quickly:
- Lu Bu (
- Azathoth (
- Daoloth (
A player can also pick a solid Beast leader if one does not mind grinding some more:
- Haza (
- Aloha (
The Elf Leaders (Rose, Sakura) are too advanced for newcomers' use unless you started at version 14.2 in which getting a rare Elf leader will be most effective.
Any VR series (such as Norse, Greek, Chinese God, Crimson Grace) are not very effective for newcomers since they require massive resources.
Returning Player analysisEdit
One of the priorities for a returning player is getting a top-tier leader to get back into the game. The benefits are instant. Applies to players that are at least 6 months away from the game.
I will split the section into the following:
- v15.0 (Returned just now)
- v14.3 (Returned since Prologue of the Universe)
- v14.2 (Returned since Elfish Perennials)
Briefly listing down the periods here:
- 6 ~ 14 months: Might have series up to Sengoku such as (Lu Bu, Izanagi, Arthur, Nobunaga, etc.) and they are perfectly useable. Only team might not have trained are Dragons and Elves.
- 14 months ~ 2 years: Might have origin of demons ready to PR, Greek ready to VR, Haza team, collaboration cards such as Monster Strike Lucy team, Chinese Paladins, etc. Have no new-era Special Draw cards at all (except perhaps Black Water or Fire Yan?!).
- 2 ~ 3 years: Babylonian times and some collaboration cards (Xuan Yuan for example).
- 3 ~ 4 years: Experienced the days of Daji dominance and dragon teams. Multi-attribute teams were common.
- 4+ years: A true pioneer in the old days. Only very few cards have fighting value at this moment and might have to play like a beginner.
Suggestion based on returning dateEdit
|Returned Since||Suggestion||Suggested Picks|
|v15.0||The choice depends on how long you were away. Unfortunately, you miss out on the possibility of making use of Elves, because a solid Elf deck is needed. You might be able to instantly jump to the top if you trained a Dragon deck back when it is dominant. You have to accept that you don't get to truly use elves until they return.
|v14.3||It should still be the same above, except you might be more experienced than those that just returned, and have a few strong leaders. If you somehow got Azathoth already, you may consider getting Novalis if you don't have one to make fighting easy. Daoloth doesn't require members that need drawing so that's good - see if you want Azathoth (if you have Novalis) or Ophiuchus (if you have Gemini).
There were two drawing events that you might have drawn:
You can also base your selection on what you received from these recent events that Madhead designed to attract players to draw.
|(same as above)|
|v14.2||If you exhausted diamonds and cannot get an elf rare, pick Rose or Sakura (former makes less damage but less thinking, the latter makes higher damage but more thinking). If you have elf rares, it'll be the same old 3 choices to choose.
3 months is usually enough for a returning player to catch up to the current trends. Therefore, my advice would be to expand the number of teams you have to fight Ultimates and special stages. You may opt to save up some diamonds from this point on and focus on trying to get the potentially strong cards of version 15.1, or, if you are willing to invest a lot of diamonds to try some luck, you can also spend them in a future Black Diamond Event.
Aside from Elfish Perennials and the events mentioned above, there was one drawing event that you might have participated:
Below is an overview that might be overlapped by my previous few pages, but this one is a much shorter summary of what the recent leaders are doing. For new returning players, these are the Speical Draw rare cards that they should know, sorted by attribute:
- Cornflower (
- Ghroth (
- Nobunaga (
- Amaterasu (
- Ophiuchus (Page one analysis.
- Izanagi (
- Daoloth (Page one analysis.
- Arthur (
- Rose (
- Lu Bu (
- Tsukuyomi (
Specific Race Leaders
- Azathoth (Page one analysis.
- Guan Yu (
- Sakura (
- Aloha (